Southwest Metro Animal Rescue needs the help of a few cat lovers to be cat intake coordinators for the rescue. As an intake coordinator, you would help bring loving cats from homelessness, neglect, and bad situations into foster homes or the PetSmart adoption center.
Here is a high level summary of what you would be doing:
- Return calls and inquires regarding surrenders.
- Screen surrenders to make sure the cat is a good fit for the rescue
- Find a foster home or cage at PetSmart to place the cat into the rescue.
- Set up intake appointment with participating veterinarians and set up transporters for vet appointments if necessary.
- Be the contact for veterinarians and foster homes during intake process.
Our goal is to have a team of 2-3 people do this job so we have a team that can work together and keep the time requirements to a minimum. The more the merrier!