Southwest Metro Animal Rescue needs the help of a few dog lovers to be dog i coordinators for the rescue. As a coordinator, you would help bring loving dogs from homelessness, neglect, and bad situations into foster homes. Then you will help find them forever homes. But don't worry - you have a team to work with to help with the process.
Here is a high level summary of what you would be doing but also have your team help with doing:
- Return calls and inquires regarding surrenders.
- Screen surrenders to make sure the dog is a good fit for the rescue
- Find a foster home to place the dog into the rescue.
- Set up intake appointment with participating veterinarians and set up transporters for vet appointments if necessary.
- Be the contact for veterinarians and foster homes during intake process.
- Be at monthly adoption meetings to meet potential adopters.
- Do adoption paperwork
Our goal is to have a team of 2-3 people do this job so we have a team that can work together and keep the time requirements to a minimum. The more the merrier!